CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 22, 2010

RSV

So I am really sad to say that our sweet little Lily has RSV, which makes me scared to death. We were in the hospital most of the night, but her oxygen levels were staying good so we came home. They put her on an antibiotic for the bacteria infection, which won't help the RSV, but will hopefully help with some of the congestion and hopefully prevent the RSV from getting worse. She gets breathing treatments every 4 hours and is by a humidifier all day long, so I really hope things will start to improve real soon. She is only 10 weeks old, so it is very scary and stressful for us. She will have coughing attacks that last 30 minutes long. Pretty much if she is awake, she is coughing non stop, so it's best if she stays asleep. When she is coughing sometimes she will start to gag on her mucus, so I take her bulb suringe and try to suck it out before she can swallow. We are doing every little thing we possibly can for her, so all that's left to do is pray that she will get better real soon. We love her so much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry bec. Chris told me this morning. I was really looking forward to having a nice trip out there but I hate that all the kids are sick. Atleast she is still young enough where she doesn't fight you with the breathing treatments. Kyler was torture getting him to take them. But it's sad that she is even sick and has to use them in the first place. It makes me think about kenadi and how niks dr. was retarded and wouldn't give her the medicine she needed. Hopefully that wont happen with you guys. make sure they tell you everything and are giving her all she needs and not to "wait and see". Kylers dr. does the same thing. I think I may switch drs soon for him. Anyways...we'll keep her and your family in our prayers. Love you.

Unknown said...

Poor Lily.... we will be praying for her. Any little scratch our little ones have makes us suffer so much huh. Let us know if you need any help.

Matt and Jeanette said...

Oh, Becci. I am so sorry- what a scary thing to see these little ones so sick. I'll be praying for Lily and for you and Josh. Its hard to know what they need. If only they could talk and say, "Gee, mom, I could really use a some cough medicine." Anyway, hang in there! I'm thinking of you guys!

Nick and Melissa said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I hope everything is turns out ok. Let me know if you need anything.