
On Monday for family home evening we went to a live nativity scene. It was a lot of fun, but cold! We had tights on BraeLynn under her fleece lined jeans that she wasn't suppose to have til Christmas (that's ok cause I still wrapped them when we took them off her) two pairs of socks, a onzie a sweater and a coat on with mittens and a hat with a blanket. Her legs felt a little cold when we took everything off, but her head, hands, feet, and chest were really warm. It was fun to go see and then they treated us with homemade donoughts and hot cocoa! It was nice to go to this and help us remember the true meaning of Christmas becuase it seems Santa and Candy canes has taken over Christmas completely and that's what people think Christmas is about. Don't get me wrong, I love Santa and candy canes, Santa I believe stands for something really good and shows a resemblence of Christ by what he stands for (read the childrens book I believe in Santa Clause if you haven't already then you'll know what I am talking about) but it is Christ's birth that we need to remember and everything else is just for fun. Well Merry Christmas everyone! We love you all very much! And BE SAFE! The roads aren't that great out there! And stay warm! :)
2 comments:
That looks like it was fun! Too bad it was soo cold though. :) Hope you have a Merry Christmas, too! I hope we get to see you guys when Chris and Rachel get here!
aw i want to do that. i don't know that we'll get a chance. me and chris both work, even though i don;t know if i'll make it there tomorrow if is keeps snowing. i love and miss you guys. glad you are finding time to have fun in the cold.
Post a Comment