CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

California Trip and Ben's Wedding

This last weekend we went to California for Josh's best friend Ben's wedding. We went down a couple days early so we could do the tourist thing. We left at 5:30 pm wednesday and drove through the night and got to San Jose at 8:00 am Thursday. Thursday we just stayed in San Jose, got rested then later Becci went to Rachel's bridal shower and Josh went to Ben's bachelor party (don't worry it was a mormon bachelor party ) Then Friday we went to San Fransisco for the whole day and had a wonderful time! Saturday was the wedding, so we did wedding stuff all day, then Sunday morning we left. Busy Busy but fun. Here are the pictures of our vacation!


Luckily we drove through the night on the way there so she slept most of the way, but it did take her til 11 pm to fall asleep!


Alcatraz prison from the Fisherman's warf

Fisherman's warf


On the way down



Alcatraz prison. We were in the trolly when we took the picture


BraeLynn loves uncle Trent! He became her best friend on this trip!


The Golden Gate Bridge, it was huge!











Trent is adopted into our family now


The Newlyweds Ben and Rachel Steed!


Very First Plane ride. BraeLynn and I (Becci) flew back because there was no way BraeLynn would be able to handle the 15 hour trip back during the day, or should we say that mommy and daddy wouldn't have been able to handle her crying during the long trip! She loved the plane though, she liked looking out the window. From San Jose to Sacramento she did really good, she slept cause she was in her own seat. From Sacramento to boise she didn't do as good cause the plane was full and she had to sit in my lap, then from Boise to Idaho Falls she got her own seat again so she did good!
We had a great trip, but we all came back exhausted from all the running around we did. In San Fransisco though, I do have to say it is definitely worth going to China town for the food! We ate at Ken's and oh my gosh it was wonderful! I am not sure I am going to like American Chinese as much as I used to. Now I crave that kind of Chinese and I can't get it. Mom did say there's a place in Idaho Falls called Happy that's suppose to be authentic, so I'll have to try it out and see if that helps with the cravings! Oh and my grandpa told me that when he would drive in San Fransisco it would make him cuss, and we definitely know why!!! It was CRAZY! We just parked, which took forever to find, and then rode the buses and trollys around town or walked. There is hills there that are so steep that when we were driving down them we felt like we were on a roller coaster ride! When we were at the top of the hill you couldn't even see the road it was so steep! Hope you all enjoyed seeing a few of the pictures from the trip!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH how fun, Bec! It looks like you guys did a LOT in a few days, but it's nice to get away, isn't it? I'm needing a vacay, too. :)

Anonymous said...

now you know why i love going there so much. i want to take chris sometime. he would love it. glad you guys had fun and made it home safely.

Sheramie and Jessica said...

How fun! I love to visit San Francisco, it can be lots of fun! I'd have to agree with you about the chinese food...Fongs just doesn't cut it. Glad you got to fly back with her, I am sure that was nice!