Wednesday, September 16, 2009
BraeLynn's Got Allergies
So our little girl has quite the allergies. She has been congested ever since she was 2 months old, but there really was never anything they could do for her cause she was so young. Well over the last couple months it has just gotten worse and worse and so we finally got her tested for allergies. Well last thursday we found out that she is allergic to grass, weeds, aspen birch juniper and maple trees, mold, and dust, but thankfuly not animals, which I was VERY happy about because she LOVES them. We went back to the doctors on monday and he put her on a daily prescription of singular, and was really concerned by how much and how allergic she was to so many things that he also wanted to test her for food allergies, and wa la, she's allergic to soy and peanuts. She's also allergic to whole wheat, potatoes, and corn, but those three are mild enough that she can still eat them, we just need to rotate them in her diet, but the soy and peanuts she needs to avoid. I never noticed that she might have food allergies, but when we found out, I was searching for signs and I noticed that she bites her tounge and rubs it against her teeth, so it could be swollen and itchy. Also the doctor said it's proabably also making it hard for her to breath by cutting off her airways and causing some of the congestion as well, which we never noticed cause she always has a hard time breathing cause of her congestion which we figured was the just the seasonal stuff. Do you realize though how many foods have soy in them? It's CRAZY, we had to go buy all new snacks for her cause all of hers have soy, and I came home with fruit, dried fruit (and I couldn't do just any dried fruit cause lots of them will have traces of soy), applesauce, and welch's fruit snacks. That's all I could find, and I have yet to find bread that she can eat, which means I might have to start baking my own. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS???? It does make it so our diets will be a lot healthier, becuase it's a lot of the processed foods that have soy and peanut oil. She's been on her prescription for two days and has been on her new diet for two days and I have noticed that she is not nearly as congested, and she isn't waking up in the morning chocking on her mucas anymore, so it really seems to be helping. And her breathing is WAY better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow, Bec that is way scary. I'm glad you found out before she had a really bad reaction! I guess you need to get a Bache(a bread mixer)it makes making bread way easier. You just put the ingredients in while it is mixing. I'll never mix it by hand again. My mother-in-law gave me her old one years ago and I never really used it until a couple of years ago. Now I am a firm believer of it. Good luck!
Post a Comment